Saturday, November 21, 2009

Where Are the Announcers?


'Where is Ralph Lawler and Michael Smith?' I asked myself as I tuned into view the Clippers vs. the Denver Nuggets this past Friday.

No Lawler's Law??

No BANG!!

Why??

Well...If I had been tuned into garbage time the previous game, I would've known.
Mind you, it was a Grizzlies v. Clippers game, but nonetheless, I would've known.

Ralph, the 71 year old legendary announcer, along with his sidekick Michael were...suspended for the game versus the Nuggets!!!

Why you may ask??

Well, there are many things you don't want to say on television.

They said a few.

Their convo to follow.

Smith: "Look who's in."

Lawler: "Hamed Haddadi. Where's he from?"

Smith: "He's the first Iranian to play in the NBA." (Smith pronounced Iranian as "Eye-ranian," a pronunciation that offended the viewer who complained.)

Lawler: "There aren't any Iranian players in the NBA," repeating Smith's mispronunciation.

Smith: "He's the only one."

Lawler: "He's from Iran?"

Smith: "I guess so."

Lawler: "That Iran?"

Smith: "Yes."

Lawler: "The real Iran?"

Smith: "Yes."

Lawler: "Wow. Haddadi that's H-A-D-D-A-D-I."

Smith: "You're sure it's not Borat's older brother?"

Smith: "If they ever make a movie about Haddadi, I'm going to get Sacha Baron Cohen to play the part."

Lawler: "Here's Haddadi. Nice little back-door pass. I guess those Iranians can pass the ball."

Smith: "Especially the post players.

Lawler: "I don't know about their guards."


I do know 'their guards' carry rifles Ralph.


2 comments:

  1. BINGO!

    i typed that with one hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't make jokes about Iran on TV.

    "The president of Iran has announced, 'We are a nuclear country.' ... You know what's scary about that? The president of Iran knows how to pronounce nuclear." --David Letterman

    "The bad news is Iran is capable of making a nuclear bomb. The good news is they have to drop it from a camel." --David Letterman

    ReplyDelete