Thursday, February 18, 2010

02EIGHTEEN10

voicemails vary nearly all the time
norco mixed with coffee is sublime
intertwined
in this day

ok ok
so the norco mixed with coffee
was a total accident
dr gave me penicillin and norcos for my ailing tooth
it's basically exposed and needs to be protected
the coffee was to jolt the morn
different jolt than I expected
time to work and write and work and write - it's what I do
It's what makes this page what it is

had to rest with no sound
minimal lighting and warmth were also welcome
the spinning/swaying has ended and
now lunch is severely desired

1 wasn't an option for me
2 was for bankruptcy
3 was probably for you
4 was Carolyn who was right on the button

my full cup of coffee mocks me
knowing my heart and mind can't take the jolt
for meat and potatoes I would bolt
the stacks of work say no

baja fish tacos was a delight
a lunch with friends always makes the day right
didn't purposely rhyme there
it just happened

my thoughts stream constantly to my dear Elle
and all that she WILL become
it leads me into a blur of hope and happiness
leaving my desires in the back seat
where they belong

i'm leaving soon which is amazing news
not because what I was doing here is not enjoyable
but simply due to
Elle withdrawals

on my way
like Ben Kweller


No comments:

Post a Comment